Bring the art (and the shape) of a donut – full circle, with this truly ‘Merican dessert.
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ C brown sugar
- 3 C whole milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- 12 stale, plain, cinnamon sugar, and/or cinnamon doughnuts. Mix and match!
- 1 Cup icing sugar or confectioners sugar
- 6-8 tbsp milk or water
- pink colouring
- Sprinkles! Rainbow - no brown
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray a 9” bundt pan
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then add sugar, and beat until slightly creamed.
- Now add in salt, vanilla, cinnamon, zest, and milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Break up donuts into pieces and add to mixture
- Let soak for 2-5 minutes
- Transfer mixture to bundt pan and place on a rimmed baking sheet
- Bake for 50 minutes or until center is set
- Let cool for 30 minutes, and prepare icing
- Add confectioners sugar into a bowl and add milk 1 tbsp at a time until you get a thick, pourable consistency.
- Stream over the top of the bread pudding whichever way you like, and finish with sprinkles!