Get Your Brat on, with this delicious Bratwurst Sandwich.
- ¼ small head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small apple, or a ¼ of a regular apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bratwurst sausage
- drizzle of oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 large pretzel roll
- Thinly slice the purple cabbage. Thinly slice the apple. Chop the parsley. Combine the cabbage apple and parsley into a bowl. Dress the slaw with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss everything together and reserve while you cook the brats.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of oil and the brats. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until the brat is fully cooked through.
- While the brat is cooking, prepare your spread. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- Spread the mixture onto the pretzel roll. Top with the cooked brats. Top the brats with generous amount of slaw. Serve and enjoy!