Are you getting bored with your standard run-o-the-mill waffles? Then why not put your waffle maker to task with this all in one breakfast waffle!
- 2 strips bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 2 C frozen hashbrown, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 T Mexican Cheese Blend, reserved for garnish
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Cholula Hot Sauce, for garnish
- Grapeseed oil, as needed to prevent sticking
- Start by cooking bacon to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, mix hashbrown, pinch salt, and egg whites in a bowl. Remove bacon from waffle iron and place hashbrown mixture directly onto grill plates, leaving the bacon grease to cook the hashbrowns.
- Spread mixture evenly over iron and sprinkle with onion, green and red pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Top each brekky waffle with reserved egg yolks and lightly oil the tops to prevent sticking. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- While the waffle finishes cooking, crumble 2 of the bacon strips for garnish, leaving the remaining 2 whole.
- Once waffle is cooked through, remove from iron and transfer to a plate. Top with cheese, crumbled bacon, and hot sauce. Place remaining 2 slices of bacon on plate.
- Salt and Pepper as needed to taste, and enjoy!