It’s Coconut. It’s Vegan. It’s Delicious.
- coconut oil spray (or other cooking spray)
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecans
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup dates (soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained)
- big pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 6-12 hours
- ½ cup coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice of ½ a lemon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ?-½ cup coconut chips, for garnish
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with oil.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans, coconut, soaked dates, and a pinch of salt together until they stick together when pressed between your fingers, and the nuts are ground fine pinch of salt. Press into the pie pan. Place in the freezer to set while you make the filling
- Soak 1 cup of cashews for 6 hours or overnight. If you forget to soak your cashews ahead of time, you can cover them with boiling water and let them sit for 30 minutes before using.
- Combine the soaked cashews, coconut cream, coconut milk, agave, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until incorporated. Add in the shredded coconut and pulse a few times until just mixed in, you still want the coconut texture.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan with the crust. Place the pie back in the freezer, and let it set for 1-2 hours or until firm. Transfer to the refrigerator and store there until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, make the coconut whipped cream. Combine all of the ingredients together and whip using a mixer or immersion blender until thick and whipped topping-like. You will need to make sure your coconut cream is thick and very cold. If it’s not whipping up, you can place it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes and try again.
- Top the pie with the coconut whipped cream. Garnish with coconut chips and serve.
- You can also garnish the top with chocolate shaving and/or fresh berries. This pie is easy to modify with your favorite flavors and garnishes