This sandwich has to be one of the reasons they invented tastebuds in the first place.
- 5-6 fresh figs
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pink peppercorn
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 heaping teaspoon good quality honey
- big pinch coarse salt
- 1 slices hearty bread
- 2-3 slices prosciutto de parma
- olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the figs into rounds. Add them to a bowl and top them with vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Let the figs macerate for 5-10 minutes, while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine the ricotta, honey and salt.
- To assemble the sandwich: spread the ricotta mixture onto one slice of bread. Top the ricotta with arugula, top with slices of prosciutto, then figs. Serve open-face.