It’s 2am. You’ve managed to get all the food you’d want to eat at 2am onto the counter. Here are the results.
- 2 slices hearty white bread, such as potato bread
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 2 slices of bologna
- 2-3 Dorritos, crushed
- 3-4 Lays Potato Chips, crushed
- 4-5 Fritos, crushed
- butter, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, or to taste
- Place 2 pieces of cheese onto one slice of bread. Add a few of each kind of crushed chips on top of the cheese. Place the bologna on top of the crushed chips. Add the rest of the crushed chips on top of the bologna. Top the chips with the last two pieces of cheese, and then the last piece of bread.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or pan on medium heat. Generously butter one side of the bread. Place the sandwich butter-side down into the pan. While that side of the grilled cheese is browning, butter the top part of the bread. After 3-4 minutes, or when it is golden brown, flip the sandwich over and brown the other side of the bread for another 3-4 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- While the grilled cheese is browning, combine all of the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the sandwich is ready, cut in half and serve alongside the dipping sauce. Enjoy eating while standing up over the kitchen counter.