Have you ever had a sandwich made out of apples?? If not, give this recipe a try as a fun afternoon snack.
- 1 large green apple
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-4 slices ham or smoked turkey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Core the apple. Slice the apple into approximately ?-inch slices. Set aside the top and bottom slices and either eat as a snack or reserve.
- Using a cookie cutter or knife, trim the edges of the cheese slices so that they are approximately the same size as the apple rounds. Reserve the cheese for later use or snacking.
- Combine the mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
- Place one slice of apple down, spread a little mayo on the apple. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with a cut-out slice of cheddar. Place another slice of apple on top of the cheddar. Spread the apple with the honey mustard mixture. Top with one slice of ham. Top the ham with another slice of apple, spread mayo on the apple, and top with the final slice of cut out cheese. Place a fourth slice of apple on top of the cheese and serve.