It’s Green. It’s Delicious. It’s Nutritious. It’s Avocado Toast.
- 2 large slices seeded multigrain or sprouted grain bread
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- ½ a jalapeno, very thinly sliced
- 4 large basil leaves
- 4 chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons shelled roasted unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, or to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, drizzle to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by toasting your bread slices.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare the other ingredients.
- Halve your avocado, remove the pit, and remove the peel. Slice the avocado halves thin.
- Slice half a Fresno pepper very thin.
- On a cutting board, pile the basil, chives, parsley and cilantro together. Roughly chop all of the herbs.
- Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Once your bread is toasted, top each slice with half of the avocado.
- Top the avocado with a few slices of jalapeno, if using.
- Top the jalapeno with your herb mixture.
- Top the herbs with chopped pistachios.
- Grate some fresh lime zest over each slice of toast.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each slice.
- Finally, garnish the toast with salt and pepper, to taste.