We all love rice krispies, so we thought, why not make one into an energy bar. You’re welcome.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 cups puffed brown rice
- ¼ cup hemp seed hearts
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup chopped Brazil nuts
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup golden berries
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line an 8” square baking dish with parchment paper, make sure the edges slightly overhang over the pan for easy removal. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut oil and rice syrup. Bring to a simmer, and allow the mixture to gently simmer over low heat for 2 minutes, or until just slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the puffed brown rice, hemp seed hearts, cacao nibs, Brazil nuts, goji berries, golden berries, and maca powder. Stir until well combined.
- Remove the brown rice syrup from the heat and add the vanilla and salt to the mixture.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the puffed rice mixture. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish.Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until firm and set.
- Remove from the baking dish and cut into squares.
- Transfer extra squares into an airtight container. Store in the fridge.