Boiled Corn is so 1995. Enter the now with this delicious grilled coconut corn, Thai Style.
- 6 ears of shucked fresh corn
- 1 15 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Zest of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into six wedges
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened and sugar is dissolved.
- Using either a grill or grill pan on high heat, brush the corn with with the coconut milk mixture and place on the grill pan. Periodically baste, rotate and grill the corn until charred and tender.
- Remove the corn from the pan, season with more salt to taste. Garnish with lime zest and fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed over individual ears of corn before eating.