This seasonal slow cooker #crumble with spiced pears & apples is truly a set it and forget it dessert. Thank us later 😉
- 1 lb. (3-4) apples, any variety
- 1 lb. (3-4) pears, any variety
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cubed small
- Peel and cut the apple into ¼”-½” thick slices. Peel and cut the pears into ¼”-½” thick slices
- Add the cut fruit to a slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt to the fruit. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar and salt. Stir until combined. Add the cubed butter to the oat mixture. Combine everything together with your hands until the mixture forms pea-sized crumbles.
- Top the fruit mixture with the oat mixture, crumbled on top.
- Turn the slow cooker on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours. The crumble is done when the fruit is fully tender, and the topping is firm and golden.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.